• question-icon

What causes cough, body pain and fever?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question:
I have cough from yesterday and mostly it is irritating throat. I do get small amount of mucus when I cough and today morning when i woke up it was more.

I feel that mucus is only there and collected in my throat and no chest congestion. No cold as well.

Now i have little body pain without fever and took one dolo and sleeping.

Please advise any medication for the condition described above especially fir the irritating cough.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow the Advises..

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxxxxxxxx, Welcome back to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

As per Your description, these symptoms mostly pointing towards an impending viral/bacterial influenza...

Take ample rest...also please stay away from any direct exposure of A/C ducts as well as over-crowded places for the time-being...

Drink plenty of water(luke warm preferred) to remain well hydrated...

Apart from Dolo (Paracetamol), Betadine gargle will be helpful for the throat irritation and cough, three times daily for next 4-5 days.. also put a pinch of salt in XXXXXXX warm water and gargle twice daily as an alternative fashion for next few days...you can also take some soothing cough lozenges (eg. Strepsils etc.) for the time being...

Try to avoid cold drinks, dairy products, sour foods for the time being...

With all these, you should be fine.

However, if at all observed any further worsening of the symptoms, occurrence of fever, rash over any parts of the body, then I'd strongly suggest getting yourself clinically evaluated by any Internal medicine specialist or at any nearby healthcare facility as you may be needing antibiotic therapy and further investigations to rule out any tropical infections(specially mosquito borne infections which are quite prevalent during this time) in that scenario...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist