What Causes Cough And Irregular Heart Rate While On Atorvastatin, Carvedilol And Lisinopril?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that Lisinopril can cause cough as a common adverse effect.
For this reason, I would recommend switching from Lisinopril to an ARB drug (valsartan, irbesartan, etc.) which do not have this adverse effect.
Regarding the iregular heart rate, I would recommend checking your potassium plasma levels. Lisinopril can cause a raise in the potassium levels (as well as ARB drugs).
From the other hand Carvedilol is used to prevent and treat tachycardia and cardiac arrhythmia. But it may cause a low heart rate (bradycardia) as an adverse effect.
For this reason, it is necessary to check your heart rate while taking this drug, in order to make the proper adjustments to the dose based on your heart rate and avoiding bradycardia.
Atorvastatin can cause exacerbation of anxiety. It can cause sleep problems as anxiety as an adverse effect. But this is an adverse effect related to all statins.
Anxiety could also explain the irregular pulse too. But, if the problem persists, it is necessary performing a resting ECG and checking potassium plasma levels.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues!
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shitting irregular
- Heart beat first trimester irregular
- The pulse in my arm is very strong and irregular
- I was taking femilon and my period become irregular
- Im 37 and my periods are getting heavier and mor irregular
- My childs heartbeat seems irregular
- Pulse throbbing neck irregular
- My breathing feels irregular
- When im overtired i feel my heartbeat more irregular
- After mtp kit abortion period is irregular