What causes costochondritis?
Costochondritis is treatable.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Your history and chronology of events is really self-explanatory and I would go by your Doctor for the classical diagnosis which is necessarily a clinical one as all the tests will be negative as you have.
This is so much suggestive of a condition called costochondritis. And the reason here is known to be an indirect trauma.
I would advise you to get an MRI of the painful area, telling the Radiologist to be specifically see for the painful- tender area. This may help confirm the diagnosis if there is sufficient edema at the time of examination.
I would suggest the following treatment.
-Rest to the area by means of strapping with the Adhesive tapes during the deep Expiration phase. This will limit the movement, reduce the pain and give rest for healing to occur.
-Anti-inflammatory medicines in full dose as per the weight.
-Steroids if required for its strong anti-inflammatory role.
-There is a direct relationship of stress and anxiety in some patients with costochondritis. Good control over these may help a lot.
Please discuss these issues with your Doctor, I am sure will help you.
This sort of a treatment helps all my patients. and should help you too.
I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Take proper consultation and treatment for the knee problem too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does costochondritis cause phlegm
- Costochondritis caused by strep
- Costochondritis causes thyroxine
- Costochondritis cause abnormal ecg
- Costochondritis caused by drinking
- Costochondritis cause armpit pain
- Can dermatomyositis cause costochondritis
- Does cocaine cause costochondritis
- Can cigarettes cause costochondritis
- Costochondritis cause sore throat
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis