What causes continuous headache while beding down?

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi, Good Morning Doctor. This is Anas from XXXXXXX working for XXXXXXX Technologies.

In the last 2 to 3 days, I'm having continuous head ache in & around forehead and when I bend down, I'm feeling more pain in my head. I'm also not getting sufficient peaceful sleep in the night.

I looked around the cause in the internet and found that it is due to stress.

Could you please prescribe medications?
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:

As you have mentioned that you are having head ache since 3 days, around forehead and increases when you bend down. I doubt these symptoms to be related to stress as these are commonly seen in Sinusitis and needs to be evaluated for confirmation.

- Do you suffer from frequent cold?
- Have you suffered with similar symptoms in the past? If yes, frequency, if multiple times then duration of single episode and how do you treat it?
- Have you got any investigations done related to your symptoms? If yes, please state or upload the reports.

Please reply to the above mentioned questions which will help me in advising you better.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 26 hours later
- Do you suffer from frequent cold?

Answer: No, I don't get cold every often.

Answer: These symptoms are very rare and don't occur frequently. I never had this problem in the last 1-2 years. This is a new issue for me.

Answer: No, if you are suggesting me to do any tests, please let me know and I will proceed accordingly.

My observations:
My head ache increases after the head bath and it will slowly reduce after few hours (6-8 hours).

I will monitor it for one more day and update the status here.

Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Update me.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the details.

Please update with your observations. For time being you can take Paracetamol tablets whenever you have headache and maintain a gap of atleast 6 hrs inbetween medications.

Also observe for the aggravating and relieving conditions along with initiation of the headache.

Will wait for your updates.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 38 minutes later
Thank you for your advice. It seems my head ache is reduced today.
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome. You can close this query and rate the answers from your side.