What causes constipation while on Calaptin for migraine?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Last one year I was taking teleact 40 1x1 with calaptin 80x3 as prescribed by my physician. I ama patient of migraine. But after starting tele
act, I severely suffered from diahrea.NOW my Doctor asked me to stop taking teleact and continue calaptin as before. Now I am suffering from constipation.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take fiber supplements

Detailed Answer:

Diarrhea is not so common side effect seen due to telmisartan (teleact). If you had the same, stopping the medication is a wise decision.

Constipation you now have could not be related to the stopping of teleact. Most of times there would be constipation after a brief period of diarrhea. This can happen due to diarrhea of any cause.

Taking fiber supplements like psyllium husk for 3 or 4 days would solve the problem. Psyllium husk in the name of Naturolax taken 2 teaspoon once in the night after dinner for three days will help you have good bowel movements.

There is no need for any other interventions.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.