What causes constipation when diagnosed with abdominal aortic aneurysm?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been diagnosed with aaa 5.7 and have seen a dr. I'm waiting for some test results before surgery. I'm constipated and only have a smlall amount of feces that is greyish in color and have a very weak urine flow. Is this normal for aaa
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is not related to AAA.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Abdominal aortic aneurysm(AAA) has no relation to bowel and bladder habits.
Weak urine flow could be due to Prostatic enlargement which is common in elderly. The bowel movement will also be slow.That could be reason for mild constipation.
You should take high fiber diet.
Drink plenty of water.
Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
Please discuss with your doctor about prostatic enlargement as the size of the prostate will be mentioned in investigations like Ultrasound /CT scan abdomen.
If you come back after complete investigations,I will clarify further.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar