What causes constipation post embryo transfer?
I had embryo transfer on this past 12/05/14 Friday afternoon (day 3 transfer ) and was severley constipated 2 days post . As a result I strained during bowel movements. Now I'm scared I may have accidentally pushed out the 1 embryo! Is this possible or are they secure once in the womb? I know they can't fall out through sneezing etc. but can severe pushing actually push them out?
Once they are in the womb do they embed in the lining (embed, not implant)...can they move about?
Straining wont affect
I read your query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply
1. Constipation is known to occur after oocyte retrieval.
2. This happens due to increased progesterone hormone in the body.
3. Embryos once transferred won't get implanted immediately. It takes about 5 days for implantation and embedded after that.
4. They won't be expelled out when you strain due to constipation or put more pressure to pass stool.
5. Hence don't worry about embryos to have expelled out due to this.
I hadn't had a bowel movement since this past Friday morning. I had the transfer this past Friday Afternoon I was feeling about to have to go to bowell movement this aftertnoon and I push hard strain and I was afraid if the embryo didn't feel out because when I peed I saw something come out so i am worried. So today is day 2 post transfer
I also using twice a day endometrium progesterone with strace stardiol 2 mg together to support pregnancy. I hope.
Is the cervix is close to embrio wont fall out? Thanks again doc
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation after embryo transfer is bad
- What causes softer stool after embryo transfer
- What causes failed frozen embryo transfer cycle
- Constipation after 2 days of embryo transfer
- Constipated and gassy after embryo transfer
- Constipated after embryo transfer
- Embryo transfer and constipation
- Had constipation then diarrhea after embryo transfer .
- Constipation is dangerous after embryo transfer
- Remedy for constipation after embryo transfer
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?