What causes constipation despite taking pills to help bowel movement?
Proper life style modification required.
Thanks for query,
Initially I would say that have a practical approach as there is no magical formula.
Things will take time but they will help in long term. Not exercising enough, not drinking enough water and delaying a bowel movement can worsen things further.
So along with pills a proper life style modification has to be followed.
Your major food should consist of unrefined food such as whole grain cereals, honey and lentils; green leafy vegetables, like spinach, beans, lettuce, celery, asparagus, carrot.
Secondly human gastrointestinal tract is colonized by 1013-14 bacteria of 400 different species and subspecies. They are responsible for proper digestion of food.
Depletion of this flora due to surgery can lead to severe digestive problems.
1. Start taking a probiotic twice daily with fiber pills.
2. Eat 2 cups of fruit 3 cups of vegetables and about 35 grams of fiber per day.
3. Fruits: Generally all fruits, except banana and Jake fruit, are beneficial in the treatment of your problem
4. Take Fybogel husk-Fybogel sachets and Fybogel Hi-Fibre sachets.
Both contain the active ingredient Ispaghula husk, which is a type of medicine and is fully natural. It swells when it comes into contact with fluid in the gut and thus increases the volume of the faeces. You would feel change in a week.
5. Get a stool test done to rule out any bacterial or protozoal involvememt.
Hope I have answered your question.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constipation in pregnancy
- What is the cause and treatment for constipation
- Iron pills cause constipation
- What causes constipation with mucus and blood in bowels
- What causes constipation and bloating
- What vitamins cause constipation
- What can cause constipation
- What causes constipation in toddlers
- What causes constipation and mucus and stringy substance in bowels
- Pregnant constipation loose bowel movements help
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses