Owl Image

What causes constipation and gastric problem?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2013
Sep 2013

Question
Hello Sir i have problem with motion problem everyday, and i feel that i have gastric problem also. please advice which i can take the tablet for thgis.
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medicine for constipation & gastric problem .

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX
As you mentioned in the query that you are taking some AYURVEDIC drugs for allergy and this is the main reason of constipation ( motion is not passing everyday according to you ).
You are also having gastric problem .
These measures may be useful for you , these include.
This is for gastric problem.
Try raising the head of your bed about 4 inches with blocks.It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for 2-3 hours before you lie down. To help control stomach acid ( gastric problem ) one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them or eat chocolates or spicy or greasy foods . Also take some antacid but if symptoms ( gastric problem ) are severe you may need drugs like PANTALOC-D once or twice in day according to severity of symptoms and condition of disease .
Avoid over eating .
Tension and anxiety are other factors responsible for gastric problem .
Now for MOTION ( CONSTIPATION ) if possible reduce the dosage of ayurvedic drugs .
When patients with constipation visit my clinic ( chronic case ) I advise my patient to take phenolphathaline tablet ( chewable ) one or two according to nature of constipation ( even few persons responds to 1/2 tablet) .
You can also take tablet BISACODYL one or two , if don't like above mentioned tablet because of chewable nature.
High fiber diet also help in constipation.
Hope this will be helpful for you.
If further any question I will reply in follow up.
Good luck.