• question-icon

What causes constipation along with excessive sweating in the anal region?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: hi i am a 43 year old male in good health. I have been noticing for the past 2-3 months that my anus sweats during sleep or when i walk and sometimes when i am doing nothing. Not to the extent that my underwear is wet but it makes me uncomfortable and need to go the mens room and wipe it down. What is causing the sweat?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Few possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
There are normally many eccrine glands around anus and sweating is normal to certain degree. Some people swat more than another. It can be also affected by coffee,alcohol,physical activity, amount of perianal hair or constipation. So influence on these factors may reduce sweating. Second,it may be sign of some anorectal issues such as hemorrhoids,fisure or polyps. also, some STDs such as hpv or herpes as well. If there is no blood in stool,sweat odour,or pain,I don't think you should be worried. Otherwise,it would be good to see proctologist and do anoscopy. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon