What causes constipation after taking Solpadeine and lower back pain after injury?
I would like to have your opinion on constipation as an issue for a very elderly person and the consequences of an on going problem for his general health. Thanks
Constipation due to solpaidene...following remedies...
I am sorry for the situation your father is in.
1. Melfen is the brand name for ibuprofen, a NSAIDs medication. It is not shown to cause constipation.
2. Solpaidene is containing a mixture of these meds: paracetamol, caffeine and codeine.
Codeine is known to cause constipation problems.
Once he will stop taking solpaidene, he won't have constipation problems anymore. Can discuss with the doctor who prescribed it to change therapy.
3. Meanwhile,I advise to:
- drink plenty of water
- lactulose will help soften the stool,making bowel movement much easier
- other laxatives like senna can also help
- encourage to have foods high in fiber: fruits, vegetables, psyllium supplements can also help
- take 1 tablespoon of olive oil early in morning
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe lower back pain and constipation
- What could cause a back pain after a fever
- What causes back pain after surgery for stenosis
- Sudden lower back pain no injury
- Is lower back pain caused due to constipation
- Discharge lower back pain constipation
- What causes back pain after eating bananas?
- Constipation causing back pain meth
- Cramps constipation lower back pain
- What is the remedy for back pain after an injury