What causes constipation after taking Benadryl?
he continues to be constipated still has a b.m. about every 3-4 days . over all feels better however does not feel 100%. his diet is great- plenty fresh fruit - vegetables fish chicken - lots of h2o no sodas etc-
should he be taking something else? He also takes 100 mg 5HPT and 25mg benydryl at bedtime to aid in sleep
and does not suffer depression when he takes 5HPT.
try prokinetics drug
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Constipation is a know side effect of Benadryl. For sleep you can give him other drusg which do not hav econstipation as side effects, like lorezapam.
Else you can give him prokinetics, to increase the motility of his intestines, to releive constipation, like levosulperide tablets 25 mg BID, or any laxatives like lactulose solutiions.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Deepika Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constipation in pregnancy
- What causes severe constipation after delivery
- What is the cause and treatment for constipation
- What causes constipation and bloating
- Does benadryl cause constipation
- What vitamins cause constipation
- Can taking iron cause constipation
- What causes constipation after treatment of helicobacter pylori
- What can cause constipation
- What causes constipation in toddlers