What causes constipation after laparoscopic surgery?

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX age 30 My weight is 80Kg. D'not eat any non veg d'not take drink and not smoke in whole life. i am suffering from hyper-acdity From 2010. after a leprosocpic surgery for removing stone 16 mm from urine bladder in March 2015 I am suffering from some problem.When i eat anything anytime feel light pain and heaviness in whole stomach.and weekness every time in whole body .my sgot sgpt is also very high in 2010 to 2014 now is normal. And many time feel pain and heaviness in whole brain and Some gonoria problem in both testis.and my bp is some time 142 to 150.kindly help me.also suffering from Constipation after surgery.kindly see my attached reports
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take vit D, B12, proton pump inhibitor, high fibre diet and lots of fluid

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXXXXX I have gone through all the reports. Among those SGPT is slightly on the higher side and there is insufficiency of both vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. For these I will suggest you to take injectable vitamin B12 and oral vitamin D. For increase in SGPT calculate your BMI (Body mass Index) and see whether you are overweight or not. If you are overweight then reduce your weight by diet and exercise.

The gastric problem may be due to acid peptic disease. For which I will advise you to avoid tea, coffee, oily and spicy food. Also avoid citrus fruits too. Among medications take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like domperidone.

For constipation take high fibre diet and lots of liquid, may add psyllium fibres. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health. If you have further query I will like to answer that too.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad