What causes constipation after a heart catheterization?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that constipation is normal in this clinical situation, related to bed rest and lack of physical activity and the small amount of food taken.
So there is nothing to worry about! Just a temporary constipation!
I would recommend performing some physical activity (brisk walking can be really helpful against constipation, to stimulate the bowel movements) and make some diet modifications (a lot of fibers contained in vegetables, orange juice, kiwi,etc.).
From the other hand you can use laxatives like Psyllium, Methylcellulose or Docusate for a short period, to help against constipation.
A transrectal enema can relieve you from acute constipation.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constipation in pregnancy
- What causes severe constipation after delivery
- What causes constipation and bloating
- Heart catheterization injury causes
- What vitamins cause constipation
- Constipated after heart catheterization
- What causes constipation after treatment of helicobacter pylori
- What can cause constipation
- What causes constipation in toddlers
- Constipation cause heart problems