What causes constant upper and lower abdominal discomfort while having a hiatal hernia?
I have severe back pain and I have never hurt this bad. I look like a monster I am so swollen. I can see in the upper ab because the hiatal hernia and ventral are stuck out from the stomach like a round ball that hurts when I touch it I hoped I don't have cancer.
Detailed description herewith.
I have evaluated your query thoroughly.
* The upper abdomen discomfort is from a hiatus hernia, pelvis discomfort is due to a substantial amount of indigestion.
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Is there any bleeding per rectum.
2. Any alteration in weight and appetite if any.
3. Vomiting after meals if any.
4. Systemic illness as diabetes or others if present.
5. Provide available reports as a scanned copy in an attachment if possible.
6. Was colonoscopy performed till now for constipation?
Primary guidelines at this point
- Maintain hydration with plenty of liquids.
- Dietary preference for a soft, light, bland diet with high fiber content as green leafy veg, whole grains, cereals, pulses, organic fresh fruits.
- Intake of bulk-forming laxative as Ispaghula husk 3 teaspoonfuls at night with a glass of lukewarm water.
- PPI as omeprazole or other with sips of water morning and evening on empty stomach with sips of water.
- Tab. tylenol for pain relief.
- Walking in the fresh air, deep breathing exercises, YOGA will support.
- Keep timings of breakfast, lunch, dinner fixed till possible.
- Avoid prolonging fasting, overeating.
- Keep the head end of the bed elevated for 30 degrees when sleeping.
- Avoid stress, anxiety.
- Manage to have a regular sound sleep of 6 - 7 hours.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks for the details.
* According to the description, this seems more to be multifactorial colon motility-related issue, rather than cancer.
* Additional suggestions
- Intake of probiotics with the prescription of your doctor.
- Discuss the requirement of colonoscopy with your doctor.
- Surgery for hernia repair.
- Avoid smoking or alcohol if consuming.
Wishing you fine recovery.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal discomfort causes
- What are the symptoms of hiatal hernia?
- Gastriduous, hiatal hernia causes
- Does constant exercising cause hiatal hernia
- Strangulated hiatal hernia causes
- Symptomatic hiatal hernia causes
- What is hiatal hernia and hypertension
- Headaches caused by hiatal hernia
- Hiatal hernia cause pulsating
- Hiatal hernia causes angiokeratoma