• question-icon

What causes constant tiredness, chest tightness, breathing difficulty and dizziness?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: very tired all the time and intermittently feels like throat is closing, chest gets tight, breathing gets difficult and feel very dizzy. mouth also very dry.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 3 minutes later
hello
since when are you having these problems? have you taken any medication so far? any history of fever or cough?
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 4 minutes later
this has been ongoing intermittently for last month
. i have tried anti allergy tablets. also no history of fever or cough. recently had a clear chest xray
.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some details to guide you in a better way

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes that can result in generalized lethargy. I would be in a better position to guide you further if you can answer following questions:
1. how good is your appetite?
2. any history of yellow discoloration of skin or eyes?
3. any history of diabetes or hypertension in family?
4. is there history of increased urination?
5. what is your normal daily routine?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 8 minutes later
1. excellent. 2.none. 3. none ( i had a blood test for diabetes recently and a kidney function test) 4. yes, i get desperate very quickly. 5 get up at 7am. work at 9 in an office, lots of meetings. talking tires me out. home at 7.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably acid peptic disease is causing the symptoms

Detailed Answer:
hello

Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. Most common causes for your complaint includes acid peptic disease, diabetes and hepatitis. As you mentioned that you have undergone blood test for diabetes so if its in normal range then its ruled out. Your have no other symptom of liver problem as well. So most common cause that can be the main reason is stomach problem. Some dietary modifications will help you in improving the condition. IF i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following measures:

- sucralfate suspension thrice a day for 5 days
- a baseline ultrasound abdomen which can be done by visiting your nearst hospital.
- take small frequent meals.
- Go out for 30-45 mins walk/exercise daily in the evening. It will make you fresh, healthy and is good for digestion.
- Don't lie down immediately after taking meal
- Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables

> AVOID:
fatty & oily food.
spices
heavy meals at night
carbonated & caffeine drinks
chocolates

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf