• question-icon

What causes constant tiredness, blurred vision, excessive sweating, weight gain and diarrhea?

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Yes I have not been feeling well for awhile but lately I am so tired I can hardly make it through the day I am always tired have brain fog...I have blurred vision my right eye wants to sepe a lot and is always swollen I notice my pillow is always wet this has been going on for a while but went to docter said it was ok but getting worse also I have to lay down all the time because I am so exhausted. I have weird weight gain lately and I have been getting diaherea not sure what is going on but sick in tired of being sick in tired
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low functiOwning thyroid or

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. The exhaustion, lethargy and the cold feeling you are experiencing indicate to a low functioning thyroid. So I would start by checking the thyroid hormone levels first.
Since you said your doctor has not found anything of concern and if your thyroid hormone levels are found to be normal, then it may very well be chronic fatigue syndrome. This is a condition characterized by extreme fatigue that cannot be explained by a medical cause.
However, chronic fatigue syndrome is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning, other medical reasons need to be ruled out first. So I recommend you see your doctor and insist on giving you a thorough check up to determine the cause.
I hope this helps. If you have further questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ornela Ademovi