• question-icon

What causes constant pain in the shoulder and chest?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My Wife has not been well I have had her to the emergency room 2 times in the past month. She has pain in her shoulders and arms, she has pain in her middle chest area within the past week and a half she is complaining of her eyes constantly hurting even to the point one day she stated she could not see. my biggest concern is she does not eat. She says she is hungry when I make her something to eat she will take maybe 2 bite and says she is full she has gone a couple days without eating at all. She always seems to be thirsty but will only take a sip of water or Gatoraide. I am attempting to get her to a doctor to follow up what we were told in the ER but am having difficulty finding a Dr. in our area or one that take Medicare.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i would like to tell you that there are few differential diagnosis which need work out in your wife's case

1. Gastritis
2. Cardiac Problem
3. Diabetes
4. Thyroid dysfunction

For the evaluation of her shoulder and chest pain the most important problem which needs to be ruled out is a cardiac problem and for that she needs to undergo an ECG, Echocardiography. If these tests comes out to be normal then antacids can be tried and an Endoscopy to look for any gastric ulcers.

As you are telling she is having a poor appetite and feels quite thirsty so her blood sugar levels and thyroid levels has to be checked for diagnosis.

I hope this information will be helpful and will guide you in a right direction. Fell free to ask if you have any other doubts.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist