What causes constant pain in the lower abdomen?
My girlfrnd got pain in lower abdomen at pelvic region. We have consulted doctor and done urine culture an urinr routine tests. They said she jad bacterial iinfection and gave ceftum 200mg and flavospas. After the course we hav done urine routine and it came nil bacteria. But still she is suffering frm minute pain. Why the pain still persists?
Can we use Almefkem instead of flavospas as flavospas tablets are not available
Urinary tract infection
Other causes of pelvic pain could be infection inside uterus ,tubes and around , together called as pelvic inflammatory disease.If the pain is more on right side appendicitis has to be ruled out .Urinary tract infection can cause cystitis needing antibiotic for more than 7 days.
And if you both are sexually active then you too will need antibiotics
Since there is no improvement in pain abdomen, I suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get a pelvic examination and an ultrasound scan to rule out any pelvic inflammatory disease. Both the tablets are for symptomatic relief for pain ,and need not cure her problem. No harm in taking any one of them when pain is more.
But get it evaluated by a gynaecologist at the earliest.
Feel free to ask your doubts with more details. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having sudden pain in lower abdomen what is causing this
- Persisting pain in the lower abdomen what is causing this
- What causes constant dehydration and lower back pain
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with fluttering
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What is the cause for pain in right lower abdomen
- What could cause a sudden pain on the lower abdomen
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen
- What is causing constant pain in lower back