What causes constant pain in the groin area?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have what appears to be a groin tear but my GP hasn't diagnosed. He hasn't said what is causing all of the pain. I would like a referral to another doctor, a specialist. Is this an orthopedic specialist?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscle sprain likely.

Detailed Answer:
I am an orthopedician and will address your problem today.
A pain in the groin with a normal CAT scan is suggestive of a muscle spasm or a minor muscle strain. It usually needs rest for the pain to reduce. Avoid all painful movements. Doing a hot compress in the area will help. Start taking mild pain killers after meals. In case the pain is persistent then do consult an orthopedician and get oral muscle relaxants prescribed for a relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

The accident happened more than 2 weeks ago with persistent pain. I do take mild pain killers.

Do you think this should require a visit with an orthopedician?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
For persistent pain do get an MRI scan done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the pain is persistent for more than 2 weeks then it is best to consult an orthopedician and get an MRI scan done to rule out any tendon or labral tear.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.