What causes constant pain between the shoulder blades?
NSAID+muscle relaxant. investigation.PPI
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Constant pain between the shoulder blades may be due to musculoskeletal pain or acid peptic disease or due to cardiorespiratory problem.
Since you don't have any other complaints and considering your age the chance of cardiorespiratory problem is very less.
For musculoskeletal pain along with NSAID like Ibuprofen, muscle relaxants like chlorzoxazone or tizanidine with good hydration and rest will help better.
For acid peptic disease use of proton pump inhibitor (PPI) like pantoprazole once daily will help you.
For confirming the diagnosis and to rule out any other problem get done chest xray PA view, ECG and abdominal scanning once. With this we can rule out gall stones also.
I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- What causes pain between shoulder blades and olive green stool
- Neck causing shoulder blade pain
- Pain causing nodules in shoulder blade
- What causes sharp pain between left shoulder blade and spine
- What causes persitent pain in shoulder blades
- Causes pain left shoulder blade
- Chest infection causing pain between shoulder blades
- Can constipation cause pain between the shoulder blades
- What causes pain in chest along with shoulder blade