What causes constant nausea for months?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: For several months I get nauseous. The more physically fatigued the more nauseous. When I eat it subsides for a hour or so. Should I schedule doctor or go to emergency.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Scheduled medical evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

The nausea in your case seems to be related to liver disfunction.

Since this situation is going on for months, I don't think you need to rush at emergency, unless there is a immediate worsening of symptoms and your condition.

I think you need to schedule a complete medical evaluation about liver tests, blood tests, sugar levels, and abdominal ultrasound, in order to have a correct diagnosis of your concerns.

Hope this helps. I remain at your disposal for further questions and clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
One symptom more I would like assessed. My left arm bruises badly if I scratch an itch or lightly scrape it. If it bleeds it is a little slow to stop. Been going on for a year or so.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably related to liver disfunction and blood supply.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

This last symptom seems to be related to liver condition ( low blood clotting factors) and local blood flow in the arm.

This possibility needs to be evaluated by liver and blood tests to assess blood clotting factors ( vitamin K level, platelets, INR, prothrombin time).

A measurement of blood pressure in both two arms is needed to assess any differentiation in blood supply.

Hope I helped you. Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical