What causes constant nausea after smoking Methamphetamine?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Drug Abuse
Question: So I smoked meth for the first time 4 days ago, I felt high for a couple of hours then I became nauseous & been nauseous and throwing up since then. Sometimes when I wake up, I feel fine and then after walking around or doing some type of activities, I get nauseous again. What can I do to relieve the nausea for good.? Ever since then I constantly feel nauseous and don't know what to do. I try drinking water and eating crackers only but it seems to not help.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use ondansetron

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears that your chemoreceptor trigger zone is over stimulated with use of meth and there is need to use a medication which specifically acts on the particular receptor. In that regard you can go for ondansetron 4 mg two times a day. Since it is prescription only medication you will need to see a doctor in person to get it from pharmacy.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 15 minutes later
if i go to an emergency room, will I get in trouble.? This isn't something I plan on doing again, but I have kids and don't wanna be in trouble
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think ER visit is required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

First of all I like to inform you that we as doctors are not legal enforcement agencies and just they will try to help you to the possible extent.

In addition I also feel that ER visit is not required and you can visit any local general practitioner or your primary care physician.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 minutes later
being that I'm feeling so sick now, i think going to the e.r would be the fastest way to get some help. Unless there's another way to help me feel betrer.?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

There is no doubt that ER provide fastest medical service available and if you feel that there are compelling reason to not receiving required care in routine manner you can visit ER.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks again.