What causes constant itching in ear and hearing loss?
visit an ENT specialist for immediate intervention
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
The cause of itchy dull pain in the ear is usually infectious. Kindly donot insert any finger or foreign body to scratch as it can lead to more infections, damage to ear drum and the nail in the fingers can damage your ear.
Ear infections can affect the inner ear or outer ear such as acute otitis media and otitis externa respectively.
Kindly visit an ENT specialist / otorhinolaryngologist as your ear may require cleaning under aseptic methods. After which your doctor will put you on antibiotic medications and pain relieving medications.Corticosteroids can also be used for reducing itching and inflammation.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause hearing loss genetically
- Ear infections causing hearing loss
- Causes of hearing loss
- Slap ear cause hearing loss
- Infection causes hearing loss
- Pressure ear hearing loss caused by swollen gland
- What are the possible causes of hearing loss
- Ear wax causing hearing loss
- What causes hearing loss in left ear
- Hearing loss ringing ears causes