What causes constant high body temperature despite taking Ibilex?
The temperature needs to be controlled anyhow
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics like Ibilex (Cephalexin) are ineffective in such cases. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. Often such viral infections manifest with fever. High temperatures may sometimes precipitate febrile convulsions. Ibilex will not help in bringing down the temperature. If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol or acetaminophen (P-250, Crocin or Tylenol) to it bring down. Also use tepid sponging. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Neurofen (Ibuprofen) which is more effective. If even that does not suffice, give Meftal-P (mefenamic acid).
If your child is otherwise active and playful and if he does not get any further episodes of seizures, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated. In any case, 24 hours is not a cut off time since the fever could be there for 5-7 days.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Risks of high body temperature
- Constantly high body temperature
- Diabetes high body temperature
- High body temperature and vomiting
- What does a high body temperature cause
- High body temperature at night cause
- Does hiv cause high body temperature
- Causes for constant high body temperature
- Medication high body temperature
- What causes constant high body temperature
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation