Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What causes constant headaches with dizziness and lightheadedness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
I am 3 months postpartum am 30 yrs old and have constant headaches .with dizziness and lightheadedness .also i feel like my mind is blurry and i am having trouble putting my thoughts together and find myself saying the wrong words .I do have a history of migraines but these don't go away except sometimes in the evening
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Anemia could be contributing factor to symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Puerperium( period following immediate child birth) and post Puerperium are quite stressful, in view of supra-normal requirements of energy requirements and other changes. Also there could be exacerbation of per-existing Migraine. Dizziness and light headedness is quite common in this phase. Following could be the contributing factors for provoking the symptoms or worsening 1. Inadequate intake of fluid 2. Irregular diet and eating habits 3. Lack of sleep or insufficient: Its quite necessary to have uninterrupted 6-8 hours of sleep at a stretch 4. Lack of social support for household helping/work pressure 5. Anemia: Low Hemoglobin level may cause or worsen these symptoms I would suggest you the following which will definitely help 1. Consume plenty of water and oral fluids: 2- 3 litre a day 2. Good uninterrupted sleep 3. Hematinics and Vitamin Supplements 4. Mediatation and Yoga: It will also help staying you relaxed and tide over your forgetfulness complaint. 5. High fiber diet: Supplement your diet with 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits especially citrus fruits Wishing you a happy and healthy life Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor