What causes constant headache?
My Son ,aged 14 ,often complains about Headache in School or at home .I consulted Neuro and ENT and they said it might be due to sinus or child migraine .ENT even suggested for pranayama to improve the breathing .However the problem still exists and he still complains about headache .Is it really serious and what should I do next ,kindly advise.
Most likely childhood migraine.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your son's symptoms. These are suggestive of childhood migraine.
At this stage, he should be started on preventive medications for migraine. these would reduce the severity and frequency of headaches. The options include flunarizine or propranolol tablets.
I hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
Who is the best doctor / specialist ,who can treat migraine .Is it neuro or some other specialist .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constant headache and burning pain in spine
- What is the treatment for constant headache after tooth removal
- Constant headache causes
- What is the reason for having constant headaches
- What causes constant headache wih blocked ears and nose
- Can a toothache cause a constant headache
- What is the remedy for constant headache
- What causes constant headaches with dizziness and lightheadedness
- Constant headache sore gums symptoms of what
- What is the cause of having constant headache and dizziness
- What does the EEG and MRI reports suggest?
- What causes fatigue with tingling and tremors in body?
- Suggest treatment for headache with back pain
- Suggest treatment for constant vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the right portion of body
- What causes constant headaches?
- Does PET-CT scan help identify cognitive dsyfunction?
- Suggest treatment for extensive white matter damage in brain
- Suggest treatment for migrane
- What does these EEG reports indicate?