question-icon

What causes constant headache and dizziness?

Posted on Sat, 12 Dec 2015
Question: I have been having headaches an dizzy spells for four monts now. My dr. Sent me to a ear nose and thought specialst. They done a mri said i had Supratentorial M
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Further investigation needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Microangiopathy is one of possible causes of dizzines, besides inner ear dysfunction.

Microangiopathy is a term that refers damages of the terminal small arteries of the brain.

Causes include uncontrolled high blood pressure, diabetes, increasing age,high blood levels of lipids (fats) as well as autoimmune disorders such vasculitis.

Besides MRI, other tests needed to assess properly the cause.

These tests include monitoring of blood pressure, blood lipids levels, ANA, blood sugar levels, etc,

The treatment depends on cause and aims to stop progression of this condition.

You should discus with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical