What causes constant fever and red spots in the mouth?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: My 5 yrs old girl is suffering from fever for 5 days and high oral infection, inside of mouth has become totally reddish., pus in the lips, gland of mouth swallowing.
We have changed 2 docs. 1st two docs have prescribed AZITHRAL AND CEPODEM . FEVER Gap has slightly increased but no improvement in oral condition.
Now yesterday we changed another Doctor. He has prescribed CLAVAM FORTE and METROGYL Oral suspension. Is it OK to follow the last one. I am following from last night. Mouth conditions slightly improved.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to a viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Possibly the problem is due to a viral infection. Irrespective of what you do, the infection has a duration of a week or so. You can give antibiotics, change antibiotics, change doctors every single day and do anything you wish but nothing will actually help since you are not trying to understand that it is actually a self limiting condition that will last for a week or so no matter what you do. So, whether you want to carry on with the previous antibiotic, stop it, change over to something else - is entirely upon you as all the options are equally useless and none of them is actually going to do any good.

The mouth condition will gradually improve. Please be patient. You may use Clenora gel and/or Zytee gel topically in her mouth for relief. Nothing else actually needs to be done.