What causes constant fatigue in a diabetic and cardiac patient?
Pl. give advice.
Need evaluation for fatigue
Hi Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Welcome to HCM. Thanks for posting the question. I understand your concerns.
Fatigue can be due to many reasons. In an otherwise healthy person, my usual approach will be
1. Do a clinical examination for anemia, any swelling in neck or body, chest and abdominal examination, neurological ecamination
2. Do blood works
Complete blood count - for anemia, infections etc
Fasting and after food blood glucose, Hba1c - to assess diabetes status
Liver and kidney functions
Thyroid function tests - common cause of fatigue
Calcium, 25 hydroxy vitamin D, B12
If all investigations are normal, I will do hormonal evaluation like 8 am cortisol and testosterone.
The medications you are taking does not cause significant fatigue though Aztor can cause muscle pains, Rejumet can cause vitamin B12 deficiency and BP medications and Veltam can cause giddiness.
If all possibilities of fatigue are ruled out we can blame it on the age. 65 yrs is still too young to have age related fatigue
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause fatigue
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes fatigue and dizziness
- What causes a cardiac silhouette
- What causes cardiac arrest
- Diabetic, severe fatigue causes
- What could cause constant extreme fatigue
- Does diabetes cause fatigue and weakness
- What causes nausea and fatigue
- What is the cause of unusual fatigue
- Suggest remedy for stress induced diabetes
- Does thyroid induce sudden weight gain during pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for severe cold and chronic pain in lower back
- Suggest treatment for hashimotos thyroiditis
- What does light vaginal bleeding post Mifegest kit usage indicate?
- Suggest dosage of Eltroxine with TSH level of 10
- Suggest treatment for hypothyroidism
- Suggest ways to maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- What causes low blood sugar level?
- What causes swollen lymph nodes on neck with normal CT scan?