What causes constant edema in the feet, ankles, and shins despite discontinuing Amlodipine?
You need to start on diuretics.
After going through your medical details I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that pedal edema is common in some patients taking amlodipine but the condition is reversible.
You should stop taking amlodipine and start some diuretic that will help in lowering the pedal edema. You need to start with another class of antihypertensive medicine like telmisartan.
It’s advisable to personally consult a Cardiologist for further treatment and a new prescription.
Hopefully, this information will answer your query.
Dr. Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bump on shin and edema on ankle
- What caused edema after cardiac surgery
- What is the cause for edema in my legs
- What causes bone marrow edema
- What causes calcified granuloma with perifocal edema
- What is the cause and treatment for edema in elbows
- Can losartan cause edema in ankles feet
- Steroid injection caused edema in ankles
- What causes ankle and led edema swelling or inflamation
- What is refractory edema and causes