What causes constant discomfort in the right side of the body?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
The short form of the question is this:
What cardiology problem would cause right side of my body to be impacted more than the left side?
Additionally, when symptoms are beyond a particular severity, I cannot lie on my back due to increased cardiac distress. Lying on my RIGHT side is better than on my back. However, it's insufficient; I must lean forward (over bean bags).
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that as such there is no particular cardiac problem which affects any particular side of the body.

Such kind of issues are usually related to either sone neurological issue or some musculoskeletal problem.

Please explain what symptoms you are experiencing when you lie down straight.

Is there any breathing difficulties on lying down?

Any kind of chest heaviness or chest pain?

Any pervious cardiac issue?

Kindly revert back with details.

Dr. Bhanu Partap