• question-icon

What causes constant body pain along with migraine headaches?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have constant body pain which often results in migraine headaches. I often get stabbing pains which take my breathe away. I exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. I have also noticed that I never ever feel rested and can barely make it through each day. My brain is often fogged. My speech sometimes becomes slurred and I have been told that my mouth does not seem to be able to keep up with my brain. I have also noticed some mild coordination issues. I am concerned something major is going on and I have not gotten anywhere with my medical practitioner. I have sleep issues and digestive issues which I have been working on with a natro-pathic doctor. I suffer from depression which as has been an issue for many years.My mother died of complications from Parkinson's and I am worried this could be a possibility? Fibromyalgia?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some possible diagnoses and suggestions

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

Fibromyalgia is the diagnoses which is decided after ruling out the causes of the multiple pain in someones body. This pain should be in more then 11 points in the body and those should be not only painful but also tender in touching.
I don't know if your doctor has ruled out other causes of the pain or not, so I cannot tell if it is Fibromyalgia. You see by yourself if that is the case according to the description above.

What is important to rule out is:
- A blood problem which might have affected the bones. I would recommend doing a complete blood count in case you haven't done one if many years. From there, if anything abnormal you can continue to do further testing.
- If depression is not well controlled, it may give unspecific symptoms like those above. Discuss these problems with the doctor who prescribes to you this medicines (if you haven't already done it), because those medicines can give some side effects like this and also maybe you need to increase the dose. All depends on a thorough history and how things have exactly started.
- I don't think it is Parkinson. The main symptoms it has are much more different than what you are describing.

At the end, it comes all to the indications that would give your full history, your full body examination, the labs and imaging studies you have done. By that, if the diagnoses is not clear can be done other labs.

I don't know if this helps a bit. But feel free to let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Klarida Papaqako