What causes constant and radiating pain in upper back to the front?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Back Pain
Question: i have a constant pain (over 2 months) in my upper back left side that radiates to the front and wont go away. I didn't pull a muscle but it's getting more and more painful
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try Muscle relaxants

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Since the pain is long standing, I would recommend you to get few blood tests which would help to rule out any inflammatory conditions affecting the muscles and joints in the area.

Tests are : Erythrocyte sedimentation rate ESR
C reactive protein CRP
Rheumatoid factor RA factor

The above tests will help to rule out involvement of any serious inflammatory conditions.

Meanwhile you can try painkillers combined with muscle relaxants like Tizanidine or Chlorzoxazone. Do consult your treating doctor for prescription of above medications and follow up with him/her and me with the reports of the above tests.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137