Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes consistent murmur like pain above the groin?

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 12545 Questions

Posted on Wed, 24 Apr 2019 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have pain in my lower right abdomen, just above my right leg, when you sit down it is above the crease. I have had 3 sonograms and a colinoscopy. I had 2 polyps removed and diriticulosis (sp), no pain on left side. It is a murmer of pain like a light bulb going on and off slowly. When I am stressed it hurts a litlte or bend over and get up. I had oblation surgery. I am 55 years old. My primary doctor cant get me in until XXXXXXX because he is off with issues and working part time. My gastrologist didn't have a follow up, he just told me what was wrong after the surgery when I was kinda out of it, so I drove to the office to confirm what he said yesterday. I want to just get a cat scan and see whats going on. Oh the gas doctor said the entrance to my appendix looked ok. What do you think? XXXXXXX Boylan at
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

As discussed in details below.

Detailed Answer:


The history of murmur like pain just above the groin crease - like a light bulb going on and off slowly - when stressed out - and on bending and getting up indicate one or a combination of the following:

Muscles spasm causing muscle tics with or without nerve pinching.
Nerve entrapment.

Yes, CT scan surely helps to rule-out any other problems like ilio-psoas muscle problems or any other local inflammatory disease.

A possibility of inguinal hernia has also to be kept in mind which is difficult to diagnose in the initial period unless there is a lump popping out on coughing and is reducible or pressure.

Please discuss this with your Doctors so that an appropriate actual clinical examination and relevant further investigations can give you a proper diagnosis and a plan of management.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care

Dr T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on