question-icon

What causes consistent low grade fever?

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015
Question: I have consistently low basal temperature upon waking and sticking a thermometer under my arm pit. It registers between 94.9 to 97.4. I have felt tired for as long as I can remember. I wear socks to bed, a blanket and quilt even tho I live in Hawaii and the temps are mid to low 70's right now. I got my thyroid checked about 6 months ago and was told I am in the normal range. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Could you attach the blood reports

Detailed Answer:
Good day,
Noted your concern. Good to hear that your thyroid blood works were normal. Hypothyroidism is one of the commonest cause of your symptom.
Could you please attach the blood reports?

Another important cause is lack of enough brown adipose tissue which generate heat. The symptoms could be also due to low metabolic rate.

Follow up: Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (10 minutes later)
I will need to get a copy of the blood test results but it will take several hours. I have too much brown adipose tissue. I am 5'5 and weigh 179. How do I continue this discussion with you and attach reports when I get them?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (5 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please do not close the query.

Detailed Answer:
You could keep the thread open. Don't close it. As soon as you get the report, please attach it.
Follow up: Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (36 minutes later)
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (16 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Reports

Detailed Answer:
Okay. Please attach the reports when they are available.
Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist