What causes congestion and gurgling sensation in ear?
Eustachian catarrh and otitis media
Thanks for using HCM.
Congestion in the ear and gurgling sensation may be due to eustachain catarrh and otitis media (middle ear involvement). You did the right thing by holding your nose and blowing. This is called Valsalva's maneuver. But since there is no improvement, you can try using decongestant medications like sudafed after discussing with your physician.
No, it is not related to taking Benicar.
I hope that answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear aches
- What causes itchy ears
- Will congestion cause ear fullness
- What causes cold sensation inside the ears
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes cold sensation in ears
- What causes popping sensation in the ear
- What causes an ear infections
- What cause fullness sensation in ear with pulsation
- What could be the cause of twitching sensation behind ear