What causes confusion and loss of memory when on treatment for sezures?
Medications should be started.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your father's symptoms. I agree with your doctor that these episodes could be either XXXXXXX strokes or uncontrolled seizures.
However, it is important to start medications.
The dose of anti-epileptic drugs should be increased as per his body weight, or a new drug added to control his seizures.
Anti-platlet agent, aspirin should be added to prevent a major stroke.
Investigations that could help in confirming the diagnosis are MRI brain and electroencephalography (EEG).
It is better to take him to ER if these symptoms recur.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for vomiting
- What are the causes and treatment for memory loss
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus
- What is the cause and treatment for herpes
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What is cause and treatment for hemorrhoid
- What is the cause and treatment of petechiae
- What causes nausea when on prednisone for asthma treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for loss of libido
- What causes headache when on tuberculosis treatment
- What does the EEG and MRI reports suggest?
- What causes fatigue with tingling and tremors in body?
- Suggest treatment for headache with back pain
- Suggest treatment for constant vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the right portion of body
- What causes constant headaches?
- Does PET-CT scan help identify cognitive dsyfunction?
- Suggest treatment for extensive white matter damage in brain
- Suggest treatment for migrane
- What does these EEG reports indicate?