What causes cold sores?
Acyclovir- oral and topical
Thank you for posting on HCM.
From the review of history and description, it looks like you have got a viral infection called Herpes Labialis or commonly known as Cold sore.
Its a viral infection caused by Herpes simplex virus.
The treatment is pretty easy and straightforward.
I ususally prescribe oral acyclovir 200mg five times a day for 5-7 days.
Apply acyclovir cream and antibiotic cream like mupirocin thrice a day.
Take antipyretic like paracetamol if associated fever is present.
Avoid close physical contact with your partner and other members of famiy for few days as its contagious.
I m sure you will be fine soon.
Dr Hardik pitroda
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bumps and cold sore on inner cheek
- What causes cold sores
- Cold sore treatment causes
- What causes cold sore and lump under chin
- Implanon causing cold sores
- Cold sores on lips causes
- Cold sore outbreaks causes
- What causes mouth cold sores
- Cold sore causes
- What is the cause and treatment for cold sores