What causes cold sensation in the mouth, nose and eyes?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Coldsensation eyes nose mouth
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be start of upper airway infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be start of upper airways infection which can present with such symptoms and can be viral or allergic most probably and usually rhinitis presents with predominantly eyes symptoms like feeling cold and runny eyes and nose and set of symptoms called coryza.

Using anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine may help. Also get yourself reviewed by an ENT specialist or otolaryngologist if symptoms increase. Analgesics like acetaminophen can also be used for symptomatic relief. Gargles with XXXXXXX warm saline water and steam inhalations can also help.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana