What causes cold, nausea and chills in an elderly woman?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi! My mom 72 years old, got cold from a breeze and suddenly she broke in cold sweating and nauseas, no headache or vomiting. Since then (10 days) it havent stoped. Her body chills and can wet all her cloth. She doesnt have any other symptom
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get her blood counts checked.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. But it is very difficult to comment without examining her clinically. I would insist you to get her blood counts checked. It would help in excluding a bacterial infection as a possible cause.

Hormone deprivation is another possibility to consider. If that is the case, hormone replacement therapy would provide relief. Her doctor could guide her about this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng