What causes cold hands and feet, tingling sensation in face, legs and arm?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: My 9 yo daughter experienced cold hands and feet, tingling sensation of the face, legs and arms and clenched hands and feet for an hour, or so last night before the symptoms subsided. She never had this occur before and I'm wondering what might have triggered these symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tell a few details.

Detailed Answer:
i XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I would surely like to be of help but I need to know a few details beforehand-
1)Did she have impairment of consciousness during this event?
2)Did she have clonic movements of limbs during this event?
3)Any past medical history?
4)Any history of emotional trauma or a psychological stressor in her life?

Please follow up with these details so that I can answer this well.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 23 minutes later
Thanks for getting back to me. There was no loss of consciousness, no Clonic movements, no past history and no emotional trauma, or stress issues I'm aware of. She was eating a bowl of canned soup and the symptoms came on abruptly.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs observation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow up and providing further details.

In view of detailed clinical history,this episode does not appear to be fitting into a true neurological/organic event as yet.

Though,it appears to be paychogenic in origin.However,the possibility of an atypical seizure can't be ruled out.

It needs further observation.It should be evaluated if it recurs.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)