What causes cold, fever and yellow sputum in the throat?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello I am pregnant & getting a cold & I am throwing up White flames & then yellow too is that normal
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If you have high fever/ yellow sputum increases you need to consult doctor

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

How far pregnant are you ?
Do you have fever and sore throat too ?

Cold is a mild viral infection. It is not normal to have this.

Cold usually subsides in a week's time. Take enough rest. Drink plenty of warm water. Take steam inhalation. You can use Paracetamol if you have mild fever.

If you have high fever or if the yellow sputum increases you need to consult doctor to rule out superimposed bacterial infection. Drink black tea with lemon added to it.

I hope this is helpful, feel free to ask further.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 7 minutes later
Thank you I am 23 weeks today & I don't have fever it's just the cold
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just try the few tips that I have mentioned before.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome back.
Good to know that you do not have fever.

Best wishes,

Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng