What causes cold, fever and elevated ESR levels in a child?
Not related to previous illness
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
This episode of cold and fever is not related to previous illness.
High ESR could be due to many reasons like any infection, allergic rhinitis, increased sensitivity to allergens.
This episode appears to be simply common cold due to environmental temperature variation.
In my opinion, you should give paracetamol syrup and cough syrup for 2 days and he will be alright.
Since all investigations were normal, I think that you should not worry about this.
I hope this will help you.
You should give antibiotic
Children usually get infection very easily from each other and since he was already treated earlier means that his immunity is still low.
You should continue antibiotic course.
Temperature charting should be done three times a day so that you can know whether child is responding or not.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever and cold feet causes
- Cold and fever on clavam will extra dose cause problems
- Will hay fever cause cold sores
- Can breast reduction cause cold mild fever
- What causes increase in tc 39800 after fever and cold
- Child fever with infectious cold
- Small child fever cold hands and feet causes for symptoms
- Can cold and snow cause fever in toddlers
- Child fever with cold legs
- Cold, light fever causes