What causes cold feet and lower legs?
I run and have a good pulse in my feet so I don't think its pad
A test should be carried out.
Hello Sir. Thank you for your question and welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
Well, this probably may be nothing to worry about. However, according to your age of 74 years old, knowing that normal aging process is accompanied with some physiological changes to the organism, does not allow me to just say "there is nothing to worry about". Therefore, my main suspicion, although not high, is about changes/blockages within peripheral arteries. A blockade in the peripheral arteries (main leg arteries or their branches) may be manifested as coldness of extremities and/or pain in calves during physical activity which requires some intensity of leg engagement. In this context, I would recommend to carry out a echo Doppler of your peripheral arteries, to judge about the blood flow in these arteries. If nothing is revealed, then there is nothing to worry about. If something is suspicious in this exam, then a contrast computed tomography (CT) of your peripheral arteries may be recommended. Based on these tests' results, further recommendations/treatment may be needed. Therefore, my opinion is that you should do the first test, first.
I hope my answet is helpful to your situation. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.
My kind regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever and cold feet causes
- What causes cold feet in winters
- Causes of extremely cold feet
- What causes cold feet in men
- Cold hands cold feet causes
- Causes of cold feet
- Having yellow eyes and cold feet what are the causes
- Cold burning feet causes
- What causes the sensation of cold feet
- Causes for cold feeling feet
- What causes rapid heart rate in a healthy adult?
- What causes sudden fluctuations in BP levels?
- Suggest treatment for heart palpitations and severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for low heart rate and high thyroid levels
- What causes stabbing left-sided chest pain, dizziness and throbbing...
- What causes weight gain while on Verapamil for atrial fibrillation?
- What does high heart rate and abnormal WBC count indicate?
- Is it safe to stop taking Losartan due to low BP?
- What causes increased pulse rate after discontinuing Atenolol?
- What causes hearing pulse and heart sounds?