What causes cold during teething?
Yes it might be from teething.
Thanks for the query.
Some babies are fussier than usual when they are teething.
This may be because of soreness and swelling in the gums before a tooth comes through.
Use a clean finger (or cold teething ring) to gently rub your baby's gum for about 2 minutes at a time.
Pain may be relived by paracetamol.
Cold and clammy skin may be due to several reason like pain from teething or rarely due to poor peripheral circulation. Sometimes cold clammy skin can be absolutely normal and will go on its own.
I suggest you to see the doctor and rule out any heart murmurs if problem persists / recurs.
Hope I helped you, feel free to ask further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cold sores
- What causes cold sweats
- What causes cold knees
- What is the cause of bleeding from nose during cold
- Can teething cause cold sweats
- What causes the sensation of cold feet
- What causes green stool and cold sweats during teething
- What causes cold and cough
- What causes cold sensation in ears
- What is the cause of recurring cold