What causes cold during summer and hot in other weather?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: m so confused about my medical condition
any time i started feeling cold even under a fan in summers and anytime i started feeling so hot that which make me turn on air con. this happen with me all the time in all seasons...
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Might be due to weather, better if you get thyroid function test done

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.

How is the weather at your place, is it hot and humid.

You can see that everywhere the temp has increased by degree or so, which is affecting most of us. I don't think you have any medical condition it is the weather.

Apart from this I would like to know, are you sweating a lot recently.
Presently I would suggest you to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and it would be better if you can get your thyroid function test done, as similar symptoms are also seen in hyperthyroidism. Also get a complete blood count. You can upload the results for me to review.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj