What causes cold chills, night sweats and fever?
you have to be diagnosed
fever with chills could be a sign of serious infection, although most of the times it's just an ordinary self limited viral disease like influenza. The fever itself is not a real problem and despite its annoying nature it's not dangerous. The cause of the fever is what matters. You should visit your doctor for clinical examination in order to exclude serious causes like pneumonia for example.
Regarding symptomatic treatment for the fever, the most effective drugs are the NSAID but they have more side effects than paracetamol (acetaminophen), so paracetamol is preferable, at least as a first measure against fever. You can take up to 4gr of paracetamol divided into at least 4 doses per day. Ibuprofen is a NSAID and should not be used if you're allergic to NSAID or have peptic ulcer, uncontrolled hypertension, renal or liver problems, etc.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cold chills causes
- Massive migrain a fever of 103 and cold chills
- Fever and cold chills after taking secnidazole
- Cold chills head ache slight fever nausia
- Virus cold chills headaches
- Fever, cold chills, soar throat, back pains
- What could cause cold chill and increase body weight
- Chest hurts cold chills fever
- What causes cold chills lower back pain sore throat
- Do car wrecks cause cold chills