What causes cold, chest congestion, itchy throat, fatigue and cough?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Infections
Question: I have what I assume is a mild cold. Mild chest congestion, throat scratchiness and a little fatigued. No fever. So far it has lasted 5 days. When I cough it "tastes" different but the reason I am worried is my urine has a very bad smell to it. Almost like it is burnt smelling. I had a cold a couple months ago and it did the same thing and went away as I got better. Is this normal or something I should see a doctor about? I know they can't do anything for a cold
.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to get your urine tested

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
When you have a cold / nasal block, food may taste different. There's nothing to worry about that as once you regain your smell, it is likely to return to normal.
As for the urine, it would be good to get your urine tested. If it's abnormal, it would be better to see a doctor.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.