What causes cold and cough with fever in a child?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: hi my daughter is 4 years and having cold and cough since last evening, got 100.5 degree fever since late night
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems common cold

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Cold (running nose) and fever are symptoms of common cold. Cough is the symptoms that I am worried about (since she has history of allergies). I would like to know how bad is the cough. How many episodes of cough she has in day and night time? What medicines have you tried for it?

For the symptoms of cold and fever, she can be given symptomatic treatment. For fever crocin can be given according to her age upto 4 times a day. For cold she can be given antiallergic medicine like cetirizine syrup, 2 drops upto 2 times a day.

Dr Vaishalee